Please read the following carefully to understand how B. collects and uses your Personal Data when you use our Services.
This includes Personal Data of the following persons:
- (Prospective) customers: When you use our Services – e.g. you make use of services provided by our Business Partners, you attend our events, you are part of our online community, you use our apps, you use one of the many facilities we offer – we collect and use your Personal Data. These types of Personal Data are collected through various channels, such as via our apps, via telephone calls, via forms you submit to us or via email.
- Website visitors: When you visit our website (either as a customer or in another capacity), the Personal Data we collect about you includes data collected through information requests, applications, in connection with your inquiries and data collected automatically when you browse our website.
- Suppliers: When we are doing business with our suppliers, the Personal Data we collect concerns the contact details of the representatives and contact persons of our suppliers.
- Personal Data we collect
- How we share your Personal Data
We share your Personal Data with other parties who assist us in our delivery of (a part of) our Services or in order to operate and expand our business activities. We will only do so on a strictly need-to-know basis and after entering into the necessary contractual arrangements with such parties.
For these purposes, we share your Personal Data with the following parties:
- Service Providers. We engage third party vendors to assist us in providing (a part of) the Services, such as business partners, suppliers (including IT service providers) and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website, such as Google Analytics. In providing their services, they will access, receive, maintain or otherwise process Personal Data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit the use of your Personal Data for their own (marketing) purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your Personal Data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
- Business partners. If the Services are offered by one of our partners, your Personal Data will also be shared with such partner for the purpose of providing the Services.
- Your employer or client. It may be the case that your employer or client allows you to use certain Service we provide. The Personal Data in relation to your use of such Services will then be shared with your employer or client.
- Third parties in case of legal requirement. We also disclose your Personal Data if disclosure is required by law or in the context of an investigation, regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us, or to protect the rights or safety of the website, us or our affiliated companies.
- Corporate transaction. In addition, information about our customers, including Personal Data, may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, transfer of B.’s assets, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- International transfers of your Personal Data
In most cases, your Personal Data will be processed within the European Union. However, B. may transfer and process any Personal Data you provide to us to countries other than your country of residence, for example, if one of our suppliers is vested outside the European Union. The laws of these countries may not provide the same level of protection to your Personal Data. B. or third parties we use will, therefore, seek to ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer, in particular for Personal Data transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. This means that we entered into legally necessary contracts with recipients of your data, including standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission or other supervisory authority where required. You are entitled to receive a copy of any documentation showing the suitable safeguards that have been taken by making a request via email@example.com.
- will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss.
- Data Retention
We retain your Personal Data on the basis of applicable laws and regulations and as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to provide you our Services, answer queries or resolve technical problems), unless a longer period is necessary on the basis of applicable laws. If you would like to receive further information on how long we collect your Personal Data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your rights
Subject to the conditions set forth in the applicable law, you have the right to request, review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Data that you have provided to us or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of such personal data for purposes of transmitting it to another company, by sending an email to email@example.com specifying your request. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please tell us what Personal Data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have it suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of it. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain Personal Data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.
In the event your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your request, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Other websites
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites, such as our business partners, social media networks, or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please consult these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Contact us